Adding serial communications requires specialized knowledge that might be outside an individual programmer’s expertise. For years, developers have relied upon the power and reliability of the ActiveXperts Serial Port Component serial communications control.
- Easy to use API
- Control devices over a serial port
- Single DLL, 64-bit and 32-bit
Use ActiveXperts Serial Port Component for different purposes:
- To control manufacturing machines via the serial port;
- To configure network devices (like print-servers, routers) via the serial port;
- To control a modem, connected to the serial/USB port or Bluetooth;
- To transfer files through a null modem cable;
- Any other scenario where serial communications is involved.
ActiveXperts Serial Port Component features the following:
- Direct COM ports supported (e.g.: ‘COM2’);
- Windows Telephony Devices supported (e.g.: ‘Standard 9600 bps Modem’);
- Support for RS-232, RS422 and RS485;
- Up to 256 ports opened simultaneously;
- Thread-safe to allow the component in multi-threading environments (samples included);
- Support for Hayes compatible modems, connected via a serial port, USB or Bluetooth;
- Support for Virtual COM ports (i.e. COM ports redirected through the network);
- Hardware flow control (RTS/CTS, DTR/DSR);
- Software flow control (XON/XOFF);
- Support for any baudrate, parity, stopbits;
- Full buffered data transfer;
- Text and Binary data transfer;
- Advanced logging.
ActiveXperts Serial Port Component includes samples for many development tools, including:
Visual Basic .NET – Visual C# .NET – ASP .NET VB – ASP .NET CSharp – Visual C++ – Visual Basic 6 – ASP 2.x – PHP – HTML – VBScript – PowerShell – Delphi
This code snippet illustrates how to use ActiveXperts Network Component. It sends out an SMS messaging using a GSM modem with SIM card inserted. For full samples, go to ftp.activexperts-lab.com.
Set objComport = CreateObject("AxSerial.Comport")
objComport.Device = "COM1"
objComport.BaudRate = 56000
objComport.HardwareFlowControl = True
objComport.SoftwareFlowControl = False
Wscript.Echo "Open, result: " & objComport.LastError
If( objComport.LastError <> 0 ) Then
objComport.WriteString( "at&f" )
str = objComport.ReadString
WScript.Echo "Received: [" & str & "]"
The core of ActiveXperts Serial Port Component is a ActiveX/COM DLL component is available as a 64-bit DLL and a 32-bit DLL.
- AxSerial64.dll – the ActiveX/COM component for 64-bit platforms
- AxSerial32.dll – the ActiveX/COM component for 32-bit platforms
Distribution is easy: copy the DLL(s) to the target platform and register the self-registering DLL using the REGSVR32.EXE Windows command. Click here for more information.